Walla Walla Exchange Club FoundationPhone: (509) 200-0983 Mailing Address: P.O. Box 403 Walla Walla, WA 99362
All For Kids! For the 20th consecutive year the Walla Walla Ducky Derby has given the Exchange Club Foundation an opportunity to act on its mission to make our community a safe
All For Kids!
For the 20th consecutive year the Walla Walla Ducky Derby has given the Exchange Club Foundation an opportunity to act on its mission to make our community a safe and secure place for all our children. Your support of this event along with efforts of the more than 100 business men and women of the Exchange Club, will help us achieve that mission. We are “all for KIDS!” And the children of our community thank you!
Did you know?
One hundred percent of the net proceeds from this event will stay in this community, funding Exchange Club efforts to enhance the lives of our local youth.
This event is sponsored, coordinated and presented by local merchants and individuals in conjunction with the Walla Walla Exchange Club Foundation. This is truly a hometown event.
FUN for all…
…all for KIDS!
Where can I adopt a ducky?
Please contact any Exchange Club Member who will be happy to sell you a ticket (adoption papers) for the Ducky Derby. Don’t know any Exchange Club Members? Call the Ducky Hotline: 509-200-0983!
Ducky adoptions are also available at any of these locations:
- Community Bank (all Walla Walla branches)
- McCurley Integrity Toyota of Walla Walla
- Safeway (both Walla Walla stores)
- Super 1 Foods
- Falkenbergs Jewelers
- L&G Ranch Supply
- Zip Zone
Official Rules and Regulations:
This rubber duck race is presented by the Walla Walla Exchange Club Foundation, “Presenter,” a 501(c)(3) corporation (tax-exempt charity). Tax ID # 91-1853125.
- Approximately 16,000 rubber ducks will be entered into the race.
- Ducks will be launched into Mill Creek at approximately 2 pm on Saturday, May 20, 2017. The race course will be established by the Presenter and will be approximately a 15- to 20- minute race, running in the stretch of Mill Creek adjacent to (and east of) Walla Walla Community College with the finish line near the Tausick Way Bridge.
- All ducks will be provided by, and shall remain the property of, the Presenter.
- Once the ducks are launched, no attempt to free or interfere with any duck is permitted, unless deemed necessary by the Race Committee.
- A number will be attached to each duck relating to the number on an adoption paper. Multiple entries from one adoption paper will be assigned additional duck numbers for identification. The person’s name who appears on the adoption papers corresponding to the ducks in order of finish will be awarded prizes. A list of prizes and winners can be obtained from Presenter by sending a written request and a self-addressed stamped return envelope to: 2017 Ducky Derby, c/o Walla Walla Exchange Club Foundation, P.O. Box 403, Walla Walla, WA 99362.
- Presenter reserves the right, at its sole option, to substitute prizes of comparable value.
- The combined retail value of all prizes will be at least $25,000.
- The entry portion of each adoption paper must be completely filled out and delivered to the Presenter or an authorized representative for a ticket to be eligible to win any prize. No other entries are eligible to win any prize. Entrants assume the risk of nondelivery of any entries to the Presenter or its representatives. Entrants must be 18 years old or older, and prove eligibility.
- Winners will be announced at the race site within approximately 1 hour after the conclusion of the race on May 20, 2017. Entrants will, where necessary, also be notified by US Postal Service and/or telephone. Winners need not be present to win. If any winner does not claim his or her prize from Presenter at the address listed in paragraph five (5) above within 30 days after May 20, 2017, Presenter will select a winner through a random drawing of remaining entries. All prizes will be awarded.
- The chairperson of this event, the people selected by the Race Committee to remove the duck from the water and determine the order of finish, and members of their immediate households are not eligible to win.
- No cash-equivalent prizes will be provided in lieu of the designated prizes unless specifically offered and listed as an option on the prize list. Any and all taxes, licensing fees and similar fees are the sole responsibility of the winner.
- By entering, entrants release the Presenter and its officers, directors and staff and other related entities from any and all liability with respect to prizes.
- By entering, winners consent to the promotional use of their names and likenesses without additional compensation.
- Odds of winning depend on the total number of qualified entries.
- This event is subject to all federal, state and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited by law. All taxes on any prize are the sole responsibility of the winner.
- The conduct of the race and the determination of race winners are the responsibility of the Presenter. All decisions and interpretations of rules and regulations will be made by the Presenter and the judgment is final.
- All Ducky Derby campaign logos are registered trademarks, and no other person or entity is authorized to copy or otherwise use them without the express written consent of Ducky Derby.*Special rules regarding the “chance to win $1,000,000”:
- For every 3,000 ducks, one duck’s number shall be designated as Eligible for winning the $1,000,000 prize. If the number of the first duck across the finish line matches an Eligible number, the winner shall receive both the first place prize and the $1,000,000 prize, payable in the form of a forty-year annuity with equal annual installments of $25,000, without interest.
- If the number of the first duck across the finish line does not have a number matching one of the Eligible numbers, the winner will receive only the first place prize, and nobody will receive the $1,000,000 prize.
(Saturday) 11:30 am - 2:00 pm
500 Tausick Way